The Fly Came Near It is proud to announce Michiganders Post’s first writing contest–a Dickens-themed Christmas contest.
- All submissions will begin with the following sentence: It was the best of Christmas, it was the worst of Christmas. The rest is up to you.
- Fiction and non-fiction submissions are welcome; they will be judged together.
- Submissions should be 500 words or less.
- Multiple submissions are welcome.
- Send your submissions to TheFlyCameNearIt@gmail.com.
- Submissions are due to TheFlyCameNearIt@gmail.com on or before Wednesday, December 18, 2013, by 11:59 p.m.
- Look for the winner and honorable mentions to be announced on MichigandersPost.com on Friday, December 20, 2013.
In the meantime, look for non-qualifying, example submissions from both K.M. Zahrt and Brandon James Anderson.
A very special, personalized Christmas present will be awarded to the winner!
Note: Submissions will be judged by K.M. Zahrt and Brandon James Anderson. Should your submission be selected as the winner or for honorable mention, FCNI reserves the right to publish the entire submission on MichigandersPost.com. Any further use of the material will be done with written consent from the author.