Last April, Michiganders Post announced the open call for submissions for the inaugural issue of Old Northwest Review. Over the three-month open call period, ONR received a great number of submitted poems and stories from writers across the Midwest (and beyond). The inaugural issue was released on October 28, 2014, and quickly made its way into Amazon’s Top 100 list for American Fiction Anthologies.
After a successful first issue, Old Northwest Review is ready to accept submissions for its second issue beginning today, March 9, through July 17, 2015.
Writers wishing to submit their work to Old Northwest Review must adhere to the following guidelines:
- All work must be that of the submitting author and not previously published elsewhere.
- Fiction and creative non-fiction submissions should be no more than 5,000 words.
- Poets are allowed to submit up to three poems.
- All poetry, fiction, and non-fiction work must be submitted in one of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .rtf, .pdf. Submissions sent in any other file formats will not be reviewed or opened.
- Reviews of recent work that is Midwestern in nature are permissible.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed. We politely ask that authors let us know immediately if a piece submitted to Old Northwest Review has been selected to be published elsewhere.
- Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: “Submission – [genre] – Last name, First name.”