Nearly two years ago, The Fly Came Near it announced on Michiganders Post the creation of a new literary journal entitled Old Northwest Review. During a three-month open call for submissions period, ONR received many submitted poems and stories from writers across the Midwest for the inaugural issue which was released October 28, 2014.
Last March, Michiganders Post announced that Old Northwest Review was ready to accept submissions for its Fall 2015 issue which resulted in nearly double the submissions from the previous year.
After two great issues, The Fly Came Near It is happy to announce that Old Northwest Review is accepting submissions for its Fall 2016 issue now though July 8, 2016.
Writers wishing to submit their work to Old Northwest Review must adhere to the following guidelines:
- All work must be that of the submitting author and not previously published elsewhere.
- Fiction and creative non-fiction submissions should be no more than 5,000 words.
- Poets are allowed to submit up to three poems.
- All poetry, fiction, and non-fiction work must be submitted in one of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .rtf, .pdf. Submissions sent in any other file formats will not be reviewed or opened.
- Reviews of recent work that is Midwestern in nature are permissible.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed. We politely ask that authors let us know immediately if a piece submitted to Old Northwest Review has been selected to be published elsewhere.
- Please send submissions to email@example.com with the following subject line: “Submission – [genre] – Last name, First name.”
For more information on Old Northwest Review, including the first two issues, click here.